Asteroid Zoo Talk

Help for newbie

• theSkipper by theSkipper

My first time on this .. but why are all my images black??

Posted

• meeka777 by meeka777

I had the same issue occasionally - I kept having to refresh the page and it would go away (for a while anyway).

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Could this be a browser issue ? What browser are you using ?

Posted

• conman128 by conman128

I had this issue with chrome, switched to firefox and seems to be working better.

Posted

• Devilstower by Devilstower

I'm having the same issue with Chrome, and unfortunately don't have an option of Firefox (restrictions). Every time I hit refresh to get an image, I have to get through the tutorial set again.

Speaking of which, the example images that come up at first circle three "asteroids" as examples, but there is nothing there. I don't mean nothing obvious, Nothing. Plus the circle stays in the same spot even when the animation is running. What am I missing?

Posted

• jbmoneypenny by jbmoneypenny

having same problems with Firefox and Chrome...

Posted

Thanks for the responses, and sorry not to have got back to you.

I am running Firefox 27.0.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 (32-bit). I still get nothing (a black square). The ffx browser console shows loads of CSS errors.

However, on Google Chrome 18.0.1025.168, it all seems fine. (Although there's an error message "Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame .." from www-embed-player-v...js.)

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

Mine now works with Chrome but not with Firefox...

Posted

Another funny thing ... after I click Finish, it often comes up with "This subject contains at least one known asteroid (circled in green).", but .. there's no green circle!

Posted