Asteroid Zoo Talk

Please let us revisit an image when we miss something

• Devilstower by Devilstower

I just clicked "Nothing" on an image, only to have it tell me that I'd missed a known object.

But I can't use this as a learning experience, because it won't allow me to back up and see how the object looked. Yes, it draws a circle around it on a tiny version of the image, but I can't see it well enough to know what I failed to spot and use this to improve my skills.

Posted

• navalhistory by navalhistory

"Thanks for your work! This subject contains at least one known asteroid (circled in green)."

Then as Devilstower says, you can't go back to check out the known object. Also the green circle is often not to be seen in the smaller image.

Thanks

Posted

• skaftanski by skaftanski

Another vote for re-visits, please.

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

And another vote from me. I had one that said I'd missed an asteroid that was circled in green, but there was no circle?!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Go to the classifying site and click on Profile That way you'll get all the images you've reviewed !

Posted

• mcewenpe by mcewenpe in response to ElisabethB's comment.

Yes, but there's still no green circle, so we can't identify what we're missing.

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

I've had several like this now with no green circle.

Posted

• ehalimovglobalnet.hr by ehalimovglobalnet.hr

When this happened, I tried adding it to favorites, but when I checked my favorites nothing was there. Happened more than once. Fix it, please?

Posted

• Ian1covkid by Ian1covkid

I just had an image where it said I was the first to see the image and then went on to tell me I had missed an asteroid and there was no green circle. there seems to be a bit of a bug in the way images and updates are logged.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05

Hi Guys, I saw post from (presumably) a science team member saying this was a know bug.

Apparently it is to do with reducing the image size. and making them browser compatable? I will try to find the original post.

I do agree, it is very frustrating - it has happened to me several times.

Posted

Adding to favorites doesn't seem to work from the "thanks" screen. It only works if you do it while still looking at the four images.

The nicest thing would be if they'd simply allow us to hit one of the icons on the left and resume as if we'd never hit "finished." That way, we could see how the known asteroid appeared in the four images and see what we actually missed, rather than just seeing the smaller version which doesn't match what we were looking at in either scale or speed of movement. If the green circle could be preserved when moving back to review, even better.

Posted

• Frisbe by Frisbe

I agree. There is no way to learn from mistakes unless you can go back and reexamine it! Would save alot of missed or wrongly classified.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05

You can re-examine it by going to your profile 😃 All the recent images you have classified will be there, and you can play them back.

What you can't do is re-classify it 😃

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 in response to Devilstower's comment.

@Devilstower

The nicest thing would be if they'd simply allow us to hit one of the icons on the left and resume as if we'd never hit "finished."

The whole point of these projects is to get your original opinion. If users were allowed to re-classify or revisit their classifications there would be no point to the project 😃

Posted

I don't want to reclassify. I want to see the image again, so I can see what I missed.

As it is, the app might as well just say "you missed something," since it gives no assistance in getting better at the task.

Posted

• djsato by djsato admin

@Devilstower, if you go to Profiles you can see your recent images.

Posted

Yes, but I can't invert them, or look at them 4-up, or run them through color cycles. I can't see them as I would have seen them when trying to detect the object.

That's what would be helpful.

Posted