Asteroid Zoo Talk

Asteroid submissions are being Lost from my entire Database, and needs to be fixed ASAP

• Dr.Asteroid by Dr.Asteroid scientist, admin

We will look into this immediately.

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

I can confirm that if on the classification screen I click on the globe like icon that is near my name, log into zooniverse, I can see the count that I have for asteroidzoo at that point.

If I then classify an image, click finish, my count has not gone up. Hopefully it is just a count thing and the work is actually submitted. If I click the talk link, the count does not go up. If I click Next subject, the count goes up at that point when I refresh the zooniverse screen seconds later.

Again, hopefully the work has been submitted and it is just a count issue on the main zooniverse site. I would recommend anyone wanting to talk use the open link in new tab option for talk, since you can open that and still click finish.

I did not test anything with favorites, since those never worked much for me when I tried them, so just assumed they were broken..

Posted

• Del_Congdon by Del_Congdon

Using those methods, I can confirm your findings.
    Until I tried your experiment though, my classification count has always been accurate, with favourites saved.
    I think that's because I've never used the site in those ways. I never leave the classification page until I'm done for the session --at which point I click next and then close the tab. If I have something to note about the image, I always right-click and open 'talk' link in a new tab.
    It's clearly a bug that needs sorting though.

Posted

• Dr.Asteroid by Dr.Asteroid scientist, admin

Zooniverse has updated the command - classifications are sent on clicking "finish" and favoriting is available prior to the summary display. Keyboard controls are now always activated while in classification interface as well.

Posted

• waylandwx by waylandwx

Forgive my ignorance. If we are told that there is a known asteroid after we have hit the finish button then we have no opportunity to save the image, unless we add every image to favourites. Also, we do not have the complete set of tools in the favourite mode. This is somewhat of a black art to me.

Posted

• aweiksnar by aweiksnar admin

The 'Recents' tab in your profile should contain a list of all of your previous classifications, and clicking on those will open the image in talk for review/discussion/tagging.

Posted