Asteroid Zoo Talk

Black Asteroids?

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

Just above the big star middle left. moving diagonally down towards right corner.
    hard to see unless playing it quite quick , but if you stare you can see the circle in 2 frames.
    I have marked it as artefact on all 4 frames and it does move like an asteroid . same speed and distance covered.(and I have found more than a few )
    Could a Scientist take a peek and let me know thanks =)

Posted

• meegja by meegja

I'm not a scientist 😃 but I do know that's not an asteroid. In these kind of sets the grain/noise can create the illusion of something moving while there is nothing.

But in this case it's an artifact that has a triangle path with 3 in the base and 1 top. See part of my video tutorial at http://youtu.be/qtQ7w-d9BhU?t=4m10s

I did find that looking at the sets in Invert (negative) view, it show better. And even better with this kind of grainy/noisy sets: squint with your eyes, you kind of filter out the background noise then.

Posted

• Cpt._Pete by Cpt._Pete

If you saw a triangle path ,then that`s not the object =P

This moves in a straight line just like an asteroid does , I know all about things that look like there moving and hot spots cosmic rays.

This is different ,that`s the only reason I pointed it out , it moves just like an asteroid , little jumps for each frame ,moving diagonally from top left to down right.

just above that big round star up a bit and right of centre.
    (1st bit of dust I seen go in a straight line while everything else is jumping around =P )

Anyway ,if Im the only one that can see it , never mind then ,but its not faint or hidden....oh...well

Posted

• meegja by meegja

Really think it's just noise. Above that star are different black spots in each frame. I can see several straight lines if I want to see that 😃

And if it is something, then it's an artifact. Asteroids never can be black, they are only visible because of the reflection of sunlight.

Posted