Asteroid Zoo Talk

update?

• hightower73 by hightower73

any news on our work please???

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'll ask Matt if there's anything new to tell...

Posted

thank you

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Sent him an email. That's the best I can do right now. Hopefully he sees it and responds! I'll send another in a week if I don't hear anything...

Posted

• Barbalbero by Barbalbero in response to DZM's comment.

Good Morning
    I suppose there are no news since you did not post any comment here.
    I wish there will be an update soon

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @Barbalbero -- I heard back from Matt (Dr. Asteroid).

He tells me that his assistant (I think) who has "been working with the Minor Planet Center and [can] provide the best update" will post something very soon. 😃

Keep an eye out. I will, too!

Posted

that sounds like you know whats coming dmz, i really hope its good news

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

All I know is that they say they'll post an update. Wish I had more for you, but I'm not on the science team. 😕

Posted

• Barbalbero by Barbalbero

Thank very much for the replies!!!!!

Posted

just found out, ive been here 7 months! and guess what...................still no news, how does everyone keep going knowing thier work will not amount to anything?

Posted

• Barbalbero by Barbalbero in response to hightower73's comment.

I understand you feel upset since there are no news very often, the only thing we can do is to be optimist and waiting for the results of our efforts

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm sending another email to the team. I'm sorry. I feel like I'm letting you guys down, but I can't answer your questions myself. 😦

Posted

It is not your fault, you are doing a great job and your best

Posted

• hightower73 by hightower73 in response to Barbalbero's comment.

I know barbalbero, its the lack of news or other peoples input thats fraustrating, i know dzm cant give any info either and i know its not his fault, but why do does dzm have to keep emailing them to get some news? it kinda feels sad that were not being kept in the loop

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I heard back from Dr. Asteroid. He said that one of his coworkers will, quote, "be checking in with a meaningful update."

That's all I've got right now... all I can do. Hopefully that happens soon!

Posted

Thanks for the information!
    Since yesterday evening it seems the images to analyze are finished (at least I see the same message appeared recently before the update of images to study). Do you know when it will be possible to study other images?

Posted

• hightower73 by hightower73 in response to Barbalbero's comment.

yes im getting the same message, did 1 and then out of subjects message ! we cant have done them that quickly surely?

Posted

• PreJhTrg by PreJhTrg

Recieved that message a couple of days ago as well

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Buh, really? Okay, let me see what I can do. It may take some time, though... it's about to be a three-day weekend here in the USA.

I'll set off some alarms, though!!

EDIT: Email sent to the same list who got more data uploaded last time this happened. 😃

Posted

its a 3 day wekend here in the uk too, thanks dzm

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm going to be able to get an update about AZ from the Zooniverse side of things tomorrow during a meeting.

Just letting you know that we are talking about it, and aware of it... very much so!!

Posted

• nilium by nilium

Thanks, we expect good news...

Posted

• AstroTinker by AstroTinker in response to DZM's comment.

Thanks! Looks like we are back in business!

Posted

Thanks for your work. Let us hope to have good news, I think many of the people who contributed to Asteroid Zoo are very anxious to know if there are news about discoveries done with our analysis

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yep, we activated subjects for you all in the meantime. 😃

Posted

Yes, we are working on the new subjects. We will wait for other info, hopefully with the news of the first discoveries!

Posted

Good Morning
    How was the meeting yesterday? If there is something I can do for the project other than analysis of images, I am always available to help the Team in other ways if necessary

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thanks, @Barbalbero -- The meeting went well. We got some confirmation that, yes, we're still waiting on the Minor Planet Center. We're also trying to learn a bit more about what the team is doing in terms of data reduction/analysis. I also got the contact information of the scientist who, it was mentioned to me, is scheduled to give an update. I'm emailing him right now to ask if we can get that fairly soon. 😃

Posted

Thanks for the update!

Posted

Good Morning
    It seems the images to study are finished again, I hope there will be more soon!

Posted

• Andy_Arg by Andy_Arg

We're all out of subjects.
    Check back soon while we load up some more

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Reactivated, again! You should be good to go once more.

I also heard back from the science team again. The fellow who was going to give an update says that he will. I just needed to give him the Scientist tag, which I have done. Look for an update from @pravk7 very soon! If there's nothing by Monday, I'll send another email. 😃

Posted

Thanks, it works again!
    And we will hopefully have news before Monday!

Posted

• Andy_Arg by Andy_Arg

the images are repeating. Again

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Send another email to the team.

@Andy_Arg -- how often are you getting repeats? Are others seeing that as well?

Posted

• Andy_Arg by Andy_Arg

I noticed only a couple of times

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Update has arrived!

Posted