Asteroid Zoo Talk

• Gapella by Gapella

Enormous object, looks like UFO, when I tried to tagged, whole picture disappeared, couldn't get back to frame! Could I get some answer???? Gapella

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

Do we get ANY answers???

Posted

• Dr.Asteroid by Dr.Asteroid scientist, admin

Back. So, when you say enormous - was it the opposite color as the stars?

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

Glad to get answer. I managed to get a photo, then the whole thing was gone,

Posted

Usually, the things that look really odd are dirt or something on the lens. They move around in a not-linear fashion (jumping from side to side and up and down). Anything that does that is associated with the telescope/detector.

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

NO , it is a real UFO

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

It is not dirt, o some fault in the lens!! It has lots of windows, and definite metal shape!

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

Waiting on how to proceed...do I send the photo and to whom. Hope someone ANSWERS? Do I contact astronomers from here?

Posted

• jKostet by jKostet

Upload it somewhere, link to this discussion? Certainly interesting

Posted

Go ahead and upload a link.

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

Just send the photo. To Zooniverse2@jiscmail. Hope is OK. Regards and thanks!

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s88na6d8mwmf0mc/asteroidzoo_image.PNG

Posted

• TED91 by TED91

That's nice edge on spiral galaxy

Posted

@TED91 - wow. That is a glorious edge on galaxy. I haven't seen one that good in the data I've looked through yet.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

And an amazing dustlane as well !

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

Two days ago I sent the link ...Waiting for Answer...and it is not Dust

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

A dust lane and dust are two different things. You got your answer -- its a galaxy seen from edge on. Galaxies can have areas called dust lanes, A dust lane is a relatively dense obscuring band of interstellar dust, observed as a dark swath against the background of a brighter object, especially a galaxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_lane

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

THanks , PLEASE I know about the dustlane. BUT I SENT A link of a photo to you?DID you get it?YOU asked me that DR ASTEROID.DO I need to send the link again??? The link is clearly on the top here Thanks

Posted

• Gapella by Gapella

I uploaded the link three days ago and I keep on getting answers about the dustlane, which is another artifact already found and acknowledge by me . WHats goin on ? Maybe you didn't get my link with the UFO photo

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

Dr Asteroid already answered you two messages below your link to the image, confirming Ted91's reply (one message below your link). Your picture, while shaped like a UFO, is a picture of a galaxy that has a dustlane in it. Nothing more needs to be answered. Anyone that wants to see this beautiful example of a galaxy can click on that link. It is not a UFO but a galaxy.

Posted