Asteroid Zoo Talk

so how does the 'guess what' work?

• stonepenny by stonepenny

'guess what! you're the first person to see this set of images'
    how does it work? I know some thousands of people will all look at the same image sets. If I'm the first, then why don't the following photos sets say it too?

Posted

• stonepenny by stonepenny

so how does the 'guess what' (in green writing) work? Love getting it, but...
    'guess what! you're the first person to see this set of images'. How does it work? I know some thousands of people will all look at the same image sets. If I'm the first, then why don't the following photos sets say it, too? Are we getting a mixture each - so each person gets only some of person a's, b's, c's, d's, etc? I know it doesn't matter who gets what, as long as thousands of people do the same sets, as Zooniverse works best that way - Cell Slider (I think?) has an 85% success rate.

Posted

• Dr.Asteroid by Dr.Asteroid scientist, admin

You get the "guess what" when you're the first person in AsteroidZoo to see a particular image. We track who is the first person to click on a particular asteroid and the guess what lets you know that you're having the first crack at the image.

We need quite a few other people to confirm if there is something there or not. So, if the first person (or second or whatever) misses it, you still have a chance of the being the first person to find the asteroid.

Posted