Asteroid Zoo Talk

object

• Barbalbero by Barbalbero

In the central lower part of the image there is a small object changing its position

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

If you mean the dark spot, that is a #ffd (Flat Field Defect), a type of artifact that can be fairly common in these sets. You can tell it is an #artifact by its characteristic movement -- up between frames 1 & 2, down and right between frames 2 & 3, left and slightly up between frames 3 & 4.

Posted

• Barbalbero by Barbalbero in response to CTidwell3's comment.

Thanks for the comment. Anyway, I did not mean the FFD, there is a small point nearby it which has a linear movement in 3 frames, I am not sure it is an artifact or an asteroid

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

I think I also see a #hot-pixel there up and to the right of the FFD. In frame 1 if you follow the row of 4 stars to the right of the FFD up and to the right, then look a little above and to the left of the last star, it is there. It follows the same artifact motion as the FFD, so if you look up and to the right of the FFD in each frame, you will should be able to find it.

Other than that, there are a few other faint movements in there, so if it is not this pixel, then it may be some other faint movement.

Posted