Asteroid Zoo Talk

Artifact linked to the Vertical line

• wassock by wassock

Theres a fairly obvious moving bright artifact top middle of this one. The 'object' appears to be a fairly well defined triangle or V shape. Seen this before in AAZ0001u3s which show the same shape moving artifact and the same vertical line - are the two linked?

Posted

• Dr.Asteroid by Dr.Asteroid scientist, admin

Both of them are features on the detector itself. Any time something jumps around like that - it's the defining characteristic of something associated with the detector.

Otherwise I don't think they're linked - just a hot pixel line on the chip that happens to be near something else. The line extends over the entire chip so there's a decent chance of a coincidence alignment.

I have to admit - I haven't seen the little triangle thing before - has anyone else?

Posted

• wassock by wassock

Theee are the only time I have seen the little triangle, most of the time the moving artifacts tend to be diffuse blobs. These are fairly "hard" and bright and both have the same vertical line which the softer moving blobs dont have, hence suspect there may be a link.
    At risk of showing my age, the triangle thing is somewhst reminiscent of the space ship in asteroids 😃

Posted

• wassock by wassock

Just seen a blob type artifact with the linr so not specific to the triangles then

Posted