Asteroid Zoo Talk

Making contact with zooniverse

• hightower73 by hightower73

I have made contact with the owners of zooniverse again today requesting someone come on the boards and tells us whats going on with this project and maybe get an update.

@pravik7
    @dr.asteroid

These shouts should reach the researchers and the owners but as they are not answering these shouts ive contacted my boss at my other project.

I dont know what else i can do but what i have done, well have to wait and see if this has the desired result and get someone on here.

Posted

• MvGulik by MvGulik in response to hightower73's comment.

Roger.

I don't think there is a quick fix for the problem I'm observing (subjective, well kinda).
    But this is at least better than nothing. *fingers crossed*

Posted

• hightower73 by hightower73 in response to MvGulik's comment.

to be honest what else can we do?

im a mod on another project and ive mailed a couple of people on thier as well

ive even mailed the creator of zooniverse to try and get this sorted out, ive been a little busy mailing, but i will do my best for the project

Posted

• djsimister by djsimister

Just want to say thanks. You guys have always been very consistent & very honest in representing all our concerns and needs past & current. Always from the heart as well. What you're doing on our behalf is for the good of the project and that cant be denied and all you're doing is very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure by everyone else who currently continue to support this project.
    Thank you again. :~}

Posted

• Barbalbero by Barbalbero

Let us hope to have some news sooner or later, it is really bad and frustrating to be in this situation. It seems noone is taking care of what we have done during the elaboration of the images

Posted

• hightower73 by hightower73 in response to djsimister's comment.

Well i all i can do is try my best. maybe being a mod on another project i might get some help, but it may also just be dismissed.

Posted

• hightower73 by hightower73 in response to Barbalbero's comment.

yes i strongly agree its very bad and having to wait for news for this long is very poor, i know they may well be very busy, and it may take a huge amount of fund raising and what ever else, but it takes 30 seconds a day to pop on and say " sorry guys no news today " its not a huge undertaking to do that. I know it may seem that way, but i hoping someone does care, but again its all some of us can do to contact a few people and try and get some answers.

Im hoping that when they do pop on here, i may try and get the mod job so that i may be able to contact them directly in future instead of having to go to all this hassle of contacting other zooniverse staff to get hold of the project staff for an update, but well see.

Posted

• MvGulik by MvGulik

Reading up on Zooniverse project policies, to get a better understanding of the responsibility distributions between Zooniverse and its projects, I came across this: (near the end of the policies page)

Projects promoted to the Zooniverse community also need to:

• Have the goal of producing useful research; this means they not only need to be well designed, but that you should have thought about who is going to use the results, and put in the effort to turn them into a formal publication.
      -- Bold emphasis by me. Although this bold part is not directly community related, I think its something to keep in mind.

• Make their classification data open after a proprietary period, normally lasting two years from project launch.
      -- Technically, I think, Azoo started doing this with the start of the Update-page project.

• Communicate results to their communities, via open access publication, a blog or elsewhere.
      -- Azoo had a Blog, but not anymore. No known other location(s). That leave the Azoo's forum. ... Guess those 4 pinned topics in the Science Board are filling this part.

I guess there basically complying with these policies.

Have some other reading on my wish-list. Although that's more carrot than stick related.

Posted