Asteroid Zoo Talk

Астероид!

• planetari7 by planetari7

АСТЕРОИД возможно !!! В центре слева направо движение астероида к звезде. 1 - не видно, 2- мутное пятно, 3 и 4 видно астероид чётко !!! 05.09.15

Posted

• AstroTinker by AstroTinker

Translation care of Babelfish online translator:

ASTEROID may! From left to right in the center of the asteroid's movement to the star. 1-not visible, 2-muddy spot, 3 and 4 shows the asteroid accurately! 05.09.15

Nice one, planetari7 ! I think in 1 it might just be a smaller muddy spot.
    --//
    Хороший улов, planetari7! Я думаю в 1, что это может быть просто пятно меньше мутный.

Posted

• MvGulik by MvGulik

Mmm ... maybe ... (playing around a bit with nova.astrometry.net.)

(Presuming the potential asteroid target is left of the bright object/star(?) a little below the image center.)

The SDSS image of the same region shows two faint objects on the left side of the bright object in question.
    Note that similar faint objects in the SDSS image tend to show up a bit intermittently in the asteroidzoo image.

Job-Link: nova.astrometry.net

+(If linking to a nova.astrometry.net job is a problem. Just explain why.)

++ (It would be nice if there was some mouse+image position/coordinate feedback. Would kinda kill the need for potential ambiguous location descriptions.)

Posted

• AstroTinker by AstroTinker in response to MvGulik's comment.

Per your ++:
    I agree, and think that would be very similar to the GPS coordinates-of-the-mouse feature on Google Earth.
    Since we are only talking 256 x 256 pixels, it would make sense to use pixel count for the coordinate system, i.e. X123,Y234. Very compact, and as precise as practical.

Posted