Asteroid Zoo Talk

Missed a "known asteroid". Is there any way to re-view the set?

• M00N by M00N

On a couple of occasions, I've apparently missed a known asteroid. I'd like to review the image set in order to learn from my mistake, but all I am able to see is the small thumbnail view on the last summary page. Is there any way to re-view such objects? I can't seem to find any.

Thanks.

Posted

• CTidwell3 by CTidwell3

It you go to the talk page for that image, you can at least see all 4 frames again and tell it to play to cycle between all 4. Hopefully someday we can have the additional tools on the talk page like invert, color cycle, and having hot-keys work, but for now, that is the closest.

If it has been a bit since you submitted the set where you got the 'known asteroid' message, you can try to find that talk page again by going back to the identification pages, then clicking the profile link there (i.e., not the profile link above which is just for the chat pages). From that profile page, your most recently submitted images with be seen first, 12 per page. Hopefully you remember what the set looked like, since at the moment, this information is not automatically displayed on talk pages.

This leave the third method open if you want to review some known asteroids. Some users will go to the talk page and put a hashtag like #known or #knownasteroid on the talk page. You can review other talk pages that have been tagged like that to see if you can notice the known asteroids.

Posted

• Robo_Jaws by Robo_Jaws

I too have missed known asteroids, I think a simple change to the hunting subject summery page would help with identification training.
    I would suggest that the Asteroids and Artifacts count display is moved to the right hand panel with the thank you message, this would allow
    for a full frame summery review to be displayed allowing a better view of the ringed asteroids motion.
    I would also suggest that the invert filter be active so spotters can see how the moment look in positive and negative views.

Posted